Donate a vehicle to Cars for Homes, Habitat for Humanity Yuba/Sutter’s car donation program, to help support local families.
Your car donation is one more way that you can support our work in Yuba, Sutter, Glenn and Colusa County. When you donate to Habitat for Humanity Yuba/Sutter we make it quick and easy. Your donation may also be a tax deduction.
We accept cars, trucks, RV’s, vans, SUV’s, boats and motorcycles WHETHER THEY ARE RUNNING OR NOT!
AND!! TOWING IS FREE!
Why should I donate my car to Habitat for Humanity Yuba/Sutter?
- All net proceeds from the sale of your vehicle will support Habitat for Humanity Yuba/Sutter and help local families here in our communities.
- Your vehicle donation may qualify for a tax deduction.
- It’s fast and easy.
- It is a service to you as well to remove a vehicle on your property that you can’t sale. Learn more about how vehicle donations work.
How do I donate my car in Yuba, Sutter and Glenn Counties?
You can donate your car in 3 easy steps:
- Start your donation online by navigating to our donation wizard, or call our hotline: 1-877-277-4344
- Our team will ask about your vehicle, including the make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN) and current mileage.
- When your vehicle is accepted, schedule a day and time for us to pick it up.
What paperwork do I need to donate my car in California?
- [Location, or city] will require a Certificate of Title in order to donate your car.
- To complete your car donation, transfer your title by entering the name of the agency that processes our car donations, ADVANCED REMARKETING SERVICES in the buyer/purchaser field. Then, PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
What types of vehicles can I donate to Habitat for Humanity Yuba/Sutter?
Habitat for Humanity accepts all kinds of vehicles including cars, trucks, SUV’s, RV’s, motorcycles, boats, planes, snowmobiles, farm equipment and more. If you have any questions, feel free to call our team at 877-277-4344.
Can I donate a vehicle that does not run?
Absolutely! Your vehicle does not need to be running to donate it. But, it does need to have all tires inflated.
How much of a tax write-off do I get for donating my car?
When your vehicle is sold, that will determine the value. If your vehicle sells for more than $500, you may be eligible to deduct the full selling price. If your vehicle sells for $500 or less, you can deduct the “fair market value” of your vehicle, up to $500. We recommend that you talk to your tax advisor to determine your personal tax deduction situation.